Did you know there’s a meditation for pretty much everything? You can even self-heal through meditation. This was given to me the other day in a dream, after I asked for a meditation to use at my new Monday Meditation and Mindfulness group.
As with all meditations, this works best if you are thoroughly relaxed and receptive, so take some time to get into that space with some conscious breathing to bring your attention into the present moment. Close your eyes and breathe in clear white light for a count of three. Hold for three, then exhale any tension and stress for a count of three. You may like to give this breath a dark colour – red, black or brown for example – and then see it get lighter with each breath as you breathe out your troubles. Once the exhale breath is almost clear, you’re ready to go. Find yourself a comfortable, quiet place where you won’t be disturbed and allow at least 15 minutes for this meditation. The longer you take, the better.
- With your eyes closed, take yourself to your happy place. This can be a beach, a forest, a beautiful garden, a sunlit terrace – anywhere that makes you feel relaxed and connected with everything around you. See yourself sitting in a comfortable chair, reclining in a sun lounger or hammock, or even lying directly on grass or sand, feeling its softness around your body and your bare hands and feet in particular. You may want to float on a lake or in a pool, with your body weight supported. It’s your meditation, and your choice. Take a few moments to enjoy your surroundings. Do you hear birds singing, the breeze through the trees, or the lapping of the waves? What sort of day is it? Settle into the scene you created, knowing you are perfectly safe in your special place.
- You may feel a presence close to you. That’s Archangel Raphael, the Healing Angel, coming in to bring healing on all levels, physically and emotionally. Don’t worry if you don’t sense him around you; healing is going to happen! If you do notice Raphael, how does he appear, or do you just sense his energy?
- Now imagine the crown of your head is opening like a sun roof on a car. Feel bright white energy slowly enter your head, and observe it as it descends through your entire body, down your arms and into your legs. Enjoy that feeling of warmth and light spreading through every cell of your being.
- Now Archangel Raphael is bringing in his emerald green healing ray in, mixing with the white energy to bring relaxation and release from stress, tension and physical and emotional pain, starting from the top of the head. Pay particular attention as this emerald ray reaches the places where you need physical and/or emotional healing, and allow a few extra seconds more for it to work its magic.
- First of all, feel the release of any tension around your forehead, and see the healing ray swirl around your eyes, bringing physical healing and clarity to see things as they really are. Notice how it works its way around your ears, mouth and throat, easing pain and helping you speak your truth and hear truth from others, cutting through illusion and self-deceit.
- As the green ray moves into your shoulders and down your arms, feel it relieving any pain and inflammation in your joints, and literally taking the weight of decision from your shoulders. Your fingers may tingle as warmth spreads through you.
- Now the healing ray moves into your heart and lungs, bringing serenity, relieving stress, making breathing easier and helping your heart heal from sorrow, separation and grief. Take a little time to feel inner peace spreading through your entire being.
- Healing energy passes into your abdomen and through your digestive system. Feel it washing away nervousness or nausea and easing physical discomfort. At the same time, observe it travelling down your spine and into your hips, warming and strengthening the bones and joints.
- Finally, the healing green ray travels down into your legs, through your knees and into your feet, right to the tips of your toes. Feel its warmth and strength as your whole body is now filled with healing energy. See the crown of your head close over to keep it where its needed and relax into the sensations you are experiencing. Feel lighter, more relaxed, and fully at ease in your mind and body. Enjoy this feeling to the full.
- When you are ready, give gratitude for your healing, and thank Archangel Raphael for working with you. Spend a little time enjoying your surroundings before you say farewell to your happy place – for now – and gradually return to the room. Wiggle your fingers and toes and take a drink of water.
Because this is such a deeply relaxing meditation, you may find that any aches and pains you are experiencing have eased. We naturally tend to tense against pain, and this can make it worse. You should also feel less stressed, so anything you may have been worrying about may not seem so serious, or you may find the clarity that comes from clearing the clutter from your mind is helping you towards a solution. Repeat this meditation whenever you feel the need to help you cope with physical or emotional pain. If you wish, you can record the script on your phone to play back, so you can give your full attention to the experience.
Meditating with friends increases the energy and amplifies the benefits, so why not get a small group together, then compare notes afterwards? Each experience will be different, since everyone has their own particular happy place, and their own healing needs, so discussing it with people you love and trust can be very helpful. It’s okay to keep it private if that’s what you prefer; it’s your meditation, and your rules! Love and blessings.